Re: how does i/o channels means?

From: Howard Rogers <aldeburgh_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:59:25 +1000

More like the number of controllers, I would have thought.

In a Windows box, for example, you can have one IDE controller, with two disks hanging off it. But if two signals are sent to both hard disks simultaneously, they contend on the one controller. So better to have multiple controllers. And multiple hard disks.

regards