Triggers and CLOBs

From: Tim Dry <tldry_at_charter.net>
Date: 15 Apr 2003 16:33:39 -0700

I have a table with a CLOB column that I need to work with every time that it is updated. I can detect the actual update based on the update of a different column in the same table. The code that performs the necessary actions is in a procedure.

  When I have the procedure read the CLOB, I get the mutating triggers problem. When I pass the CLOB in from the trigger to the procedure, I get Oracle internal errors since Oracle 8.1.7 doesn't allow me to read CLOBs within a trigger. Is there a better/different solution? Thanks in advance.

      -Tim Dry Received on Tue Apr 15 2003 - 18:33:39 CDT