Re: oraback.sh archive log issue

From: Tom <tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:36:45 GMT

> I have, as you may guess, reservations about the quality of this script
(and
> that it can't get log archive destination parameters which have been
around
> since version 8i is also a bit of a worry).

thats the thing - it does seem to get the archive log destination and indicates so by writing them into the logfile.list file within the backup directory. In previous versions 8.1.5 it has managed to archive the archive logs bit not so it seems in 8.1.7

i have used it to revocer an instance from a hot backup once before in a production environment. However although we run 24x7 they are not totally dependent on point in time recoveries so recovery to the point of last backup taken is fine.

Tom Received on Tue Apr 15 2003 - 17:36:45 CDT