Maybe stupid question about exp/imp

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 09:30:16 +0200

Hello,

can exp/imp be one way of database tuning at all ? Recently I heard some roumors saying that, after re-importing, there might be a slightly better overall performance, "for some reason".

Personally, I doupt it, as I have never read about such an idea (also not in this NG).
What I found was about speeding up the exp / imp process itself, but not about any performance effects to the database *after* having done it ... but I am not sure.

I would like to hear some comments from more experienced dbas.

Thank You in advance,
Jan Received on Tue Apr 15 2003 - 02:30:16 CDT