Re: Recover question: ALTER DATABASE USING BACKUP CONTROLFILE

From: <mokat67_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:04:18 GMT

Sorry i was too fast with saying yes .... but in a test I started the recovery with the statement: ALTER DATABASE USING BACKUP CONTROLFILE UNTIL CANCEL statement and it was succesfull for a recovery with a cold backup + archive files.

You both are talking about RECOVER DATABASE UNTIL CANCEL USING BACKUP CONTROLFILE ...... what is the diffrence and why should I used it because the ALTER .....command was succesfull.

Thanks again