Materialized View fast refresh

From: jam <j_l_green_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Apr 2003 10:17:06 -0700

I have a materialized view with a log that I am using for fast refresh. Following each refresh, the log correctly becomes empty. Periodically I would like to truncate the empty log. The problem I have is that each time I truncate the log it is ignored when I do the next fast refresh. The only way I can then get Oracle to re-use the log is to do a complete refresh. Following the complete refresh the log is used correctly for the next fast refresh. It is impractical for me to do complete refreshes each day as the base table is very large and this would take most of the day. Fast refresh is ideal because I am only adding a small percentage of new rows each day (about 1%). I am using version 9.0.1

Thanks, Jamie. Received on Mon Apr 14 2003 - 12:17:06 CDT