Re: Cardinality wrong in Explain Plan

From: Mikito Harakiri <mikharakiri_at_ywho.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:02:00 -0700

Predicates are considered independed. Selectivity is multiplied for independent predicates so that is you have any correlation, then the estimation would be lower than the real number. Plus, if you don't have a histogram your skewed data in a column could be a source of even bigger estimation error.