Re: ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:25:36 +0200

<gkap_at_argo-sa.gr> schreef in berichtnieuws 2a8b04e4.0304140107.29518da_at_posting.google.com...
| HELLO!
|
| I have ORACLE 7.3.4. and during the upgrade of an application ERP the
| message "[4) ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT
| specified" appears and the upgrade fails.
|
| I am sure that I'm the only user using this database.
| The server in which this application is situated is COMPAQ ML530 ME 2
| * XEON 1000 1GB RAM.
|
| From the several trials I 've made three of them finished
| successfully.
|
| Could anyone help me telling me what to do in order to overpass this
| problem I have in ORACLE?
|
| Thanks in advance.

Are there jobs in the database (queury DBA_JOBS)? If so, maybe one of the jobs started to run during the upgrade, causing the lock.
During these kind of actions I normally set job_queue_processes=0 (and aq_tm_processes) to prevent this. Received on Mon Apr 14 2003 - 11:25:36 CDT