Re: ORA-00911: invalid character

From: Guido Konsolke <Guido.Konsolke_at_triaton.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 09:23:19 +0200

"Sybrand Bakker" wrote...

> case is a 9i thingy. Please check the compatibility parameter of your
> database.
>

> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Hi Sybrand,

I'm sorry, but I think I have to point out that CASE is also available in 8i.

to the OP: it seems to me that you have a simple syntax error. The CASE part of your query should read as: CASE WHEN credit_limit = 100 THEN 'Low'

           WHEN credit_limit = 5000 THEN 'High'
            ELSE 'Medium' END <alias_that_you_want

That should do it.

hth,
Guido Received on Mon Apr 14 2003 - 02:23:19 CDT