Re: 9i on Red Hat9

From: Tore Skogly <tore.skogly_at_c2i.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 19:22:19 +0200

Mladen Gogala wrote:

> I guess that a fair warning doesn't help? I posted an article about that
> just a few days ago. In the mean time, the same information appeared on
> OTN Linux discussion forum. Oracle doesn't work on RH 9, period.

You're wrong...
Just now I'm running Oracle 9i on RedHat 9.0, and it seems to be working perfectly (at least this far...).
I exported LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 before running the installer, and got two messages concerning make problems during linking, the last one being the same that is seen when installing 9i on RH 8.0. But dbca doesn't run, so the database has to be created manually after the software is installed.

I have not had time to do extensive testing yet, but I will be using the database for software testing in the future.

--
Regards,
Tore Skogly