Re: Multiple sessions bound to one background process in dedicated server

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 14:46:19 +0300

Hello!

One can create several sessions under same sqlnet connection using OCI8 and pthreads libraries.

Apps 11i releases (except 11.5.1) all use Oracle Portal for web services, and Portal makes use of 2 sessions in one connection using shared connection. One session is usually for single sign-on authentication and other one is for executing user commands. Maybe forms does it in Apps as well when using the cancellable query feature, but I'm not sure.

So, there's nothing to worry about.

Also, when using MTS and having several idle sessions, their addr value points to a dispatcher associated with it, not server process, so in MTS you could even see tens or hundreds of sessions "using" the same process. But whenever the session goes active, it will be associated with a shared server process during the execution process.

Cheers,
Tanel.