calling external DLL using 9i

From: Jbassking <Jbassking_at_aol.com>
Date: 12 Apr 2003 21:04:49 -0700

I want to call a function in a DLL but can't seem to get this to work.

Here's what I did:

CREATE OR REPLACE LIBRARY externProcedures IS 'ORACLE_HOME\plsql81\ExternalProcs.dll'; /

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION FUNC_DOSOMETHING(BIGDATA VARCHAR2) RETURN VARCHAR2
AS
EXTERNAL LIBRARY externProcedures
NAME "DoSomething" /*Name of function to call*/ LANGUAGE C; now if I try and call the function I get an errors:

Invalid DLL path.

I've tried a full path like c:\oracle\ora92\external\ExternalPrcos.dll as but this doesn't work.

I've also check my tns and listen ora files and they both look right for the extproc

Any ideas?

Also, the function in the DLL takes a char * and returns a char * can this even be done?

Thanks. Received on Sat Apr 12 2003 - 23:04:49 CDT