Re: 9i on Red Hat9

From: Juergen Lueters <jlueters_at_intranet-engineering.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 21:34:12 +0200

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 19:38:29 +0200, Tore Skogly wrote:

> Has anyone managed to successfully install Oracle 9i on Red Hat 9?
>
> I have tried this for a couple of days, but the installer stops after a
> short shortly after starting copying files.
>
> Regards,
> Tore Skogly

Hi Tore ,

we have had the same problems with Debian unstable/testing. To make the story short:
Clientsoftware is working, the database server is not.

Cause: incomaptible glibc versions. Oracle does support red hat enterprise server, which is based on a much older glibc version.

This might change when redhat is releasing a newer enterprise server edition. Usually oracle is much slower in releasing versions as the linux vendors.

You can find some instructions on how to get the clients working (there are some java issues to be solved at our website. (use the oracle button)

--
Juergen Lueters

jlueters_at_intranet-engineering.de
http://www.intranet-engineering.de