Re: Oracle DB won't open automatically. help.

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 09:56:07 -0500

If ORA_<yoursidhere>_AUTOSTART is set to TRUE in your registry under The Oracle home entry and the database instance does not open, there is some underlying problem.. Is your pfile in the default location? When you start it manually, do you specify a pfile? ( The ORA_SID_AUTOSTART is separate from the 'Automatic' setting on the Oracle service itself..( In the Services list) )

hth