Sizing DB for ZHT16BIG5

From: Kash <prakashr_at_sakinfotech.co.in>
Date: 11 Apr 2003 05:46:24 -0700

RDBMS Version: 8.1.7.2.1
Operating System and Version: Win 2000
Sizing memory and table columns with ZHT16BIG5 character set database.

Can anyone suggest the things i need to take care of when i create a database with a mutibyte character set. ZHT16BIG5 is a 16 bit character set for which i assume the sizing for the table columns must be doubled from that of the WE8ISO8859P1 character set (lets say a column which was defined as varchar2(10) for a single byte character set will have to be varchar2(20) for ZHT16BIG5 character set.). Let me know if i am right with this.
This apart what are the things i need to take care of in my init parameters and other memory file size when i use a mutibyte character set.

Thanks in Advance,
Kash Received on Fri Apr 11 2003 - 07:46:24 CDT