multiple threads select rows with row locking

From: richard <rgparkins_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Apr 2003 13:50:26 -0700

Hello,

I am developing an application that has multiple threads accessing a single database table. The table is being populated at a high rate, therefore each thread will perfom a SELECT of a limited amount of rows.

How do I get each thread to select rows that have not been locked. The first thread runs then any subsequent thread has the Exception generated to indicate that rows have been locked. Can I not presume that each thread will select rows that have not been locked without throwing an exception?

Also can the locked row be deleted without performing a commit or rollback?

Starting to annoy me. Thanks for any responses.

richard Received on Thu Apr 10 2003 - 15:50:26 CDT