Re: [ANNOUNCE] Senora: a replacement for sqlplus

From: Guido Konsolke <Guido.Konsolke_at_triaton.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:44:27 +0200

"Karsten Farrell" wrote...

> Cool! And in English, we've adopted a few German words ... like the
> Southern California fast-food chain, der Wienerschnitzel ... they need a
> very long building to display their name. Why do Germans feel compelled
> to string a dozen words together into one word? <vbg> Hopefully, my
> sister's husband doesn't monitor this NG ... he's German, younger, and
> stronger than I am! Just wonder if anyone has counted the number of
> borrowed words (from other languages) in the English language.
> --
> /Karsten
> DBA > retired > DBA

Hi Karsten,

I learned from your posts that it's quite a long time that you are on the planet. Say: was it really fun to watch the dinosaurs walking around? What was the main language in these good ol' days?

scnr,
Guido

PS: If we keep this thread alive I can make it into

      the Top 10... Received on Thu Apr 10 2003 - 05:44:27 CDT