English Languge ?

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 10:22:27 +0100

Evening Howard,

I should think English *is* a hotch-potch of many different languages. Just about every European country invaded England in the 'good old days' so with all that occupation and counter occupation, the language is bound to have become affected. Angles, Saxons, Danes, Scandinavians, French, Romans (what have they ever done for us ?) etc etc.

I agree with the Bill Bryson comments - I've recently read his 'Down Under' book, it is extremely funny.

Cheers,
Norm.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator