Re: Optimizer in different ORACLE-Versions

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 05:33:42 GMT

On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 18:06:55 +0200, Oliver Stratmann wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> is there a difference between the optimizer which comes with the ORACLE
> Release 8.1.7 Standard Release and the optimizer which comes with the ORACLE
> Release 8.1.7 Enterprise Edition.
> Besides is there a documentation which describes the differences in setting up
> a ORACLE-Database on an Intel-machine or on a SUN-Workstation. We are a bit
> exoerienced in setting up an ORACLE-DB on Intel-machines, but we haven't set
> up a DB on a Sun-host.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Bye!
> Oli

The optimizer is the same, the only thing that is NOT the same are certain options. You cannot use function based indexes and partitions on SE. As for the intel/SUN difference, the difference between a Windoze box and Slowaris machine are too numerous to list here.

--
Mladen Gogala

Light travels faster than sound.
That is why some people appear bright