Re: shared pool size question

From: Gabriel Gonzalez <no-spam_at_no-spam.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 19:09:00 -0700

> Would would care to give example of what temporary work that would need to
be done to cause a 4031 error?

I'm by no means an expert on this, but literally it boils down to the query requiring more contiguous space than is available. We had a view that was based on views that were themselves based on views and so on several levels down. Not the best of design decisions, but the bottom lione was that Oracle could not optimize it, we had little time to fix it, and so I increased the amount of memory assigned to erach connection. The following month we upadted to Oracle 9i which automates some of the memory management, and so the problem was gone for good.

So, I weaseled out of really fixing the problem. All of this ingformation is in the tuning guide, though. Received on Wed Apr 09 2003 - 21:09:00 CDT