Re: Convert code from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Plus for Oracle

From: Nuno Souto <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 9 Apr 2003 18:34:39 -0700

Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.18fdf44d12c047dc989728_at_news.la.sbcglobal.net>...

> A long time ago I worked for the government and one of our contractors
> touted their productivity in lines of code in Forms 3 .inp files ... and
> claimed they were some kind of supercoders ... well ahead of the
> national average in producing "flawless" code.

Ah yes: seen that one too! :D

> Where will we store software distribution files when they no longer fit
> on a DVD?

Fear not, another "paradigm shift" will surface! Mind you, to use it we'll all have to upgrade our motherboards for a faster bus. And of course the memory modules will change their pin config as well. Which means your old 10Gb main memory will then be worth exactly zilch. And of course, the ATA-IDE24 optical disk interface will have to be upgraded and none of your older disks will talk to it.

Ah yes, almost forgot: Steve Balmer will pre-announce support for all this in a Winblows 2010 fix-pack. Users still won't be happy Microsoft won't release a backward fix-pack for their Windows NT 4 servers...

But it will ALL be FANTASTIC value for money...

<I'd better stop now, it's getting scary, the deja-vu feel...> :D

Cheers
Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam Received on Wed Apr 09 2003 - 20:34:39 CDT