Re: Word to Oracle via VBA

From: Phil Britton <nomail_at_nowhere.org>
Date: 09 Apr 2003 23:47:54 +0100

Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam> writes:

> Following up on Niall Litchfield, 09 Apr 2003:
>
> > I guess because report writer tools mean that the report writer doesn't
> > have to do any programming. (yeah right).
>
> exactly! Haven't yet seen one where that was the case...
>

> > My impression is actually that
> > many organisations have the Office suite installed on every PC but never
> > think to automate it to streamline business processes. It might be that
> > the task is tried and found wanting, but my impression is it is found
> > difficult and not tried.
> >

> It's actually amazing how few sites have tried to use
> Word or Excel as tools for report development.
> I do visit many in my current employment and have asked
> precisely this. Only seen one so far where it had actually
> been considered and tried and was widely used.

North German Television and Radio (NDR) in Hamburg use reports generated using Word and Oracle Reports as part of their contracts management system. (I know that because I worked on developing the systen as an Oracle consultant a few years ago)

So you're not the only one

<snip>

cheers

Phil Received on Wed Apr 09 2003 - 17:47:54 CDT