Re: Webservice always tries BEQ protocol first

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 22:23:02 +0200

Lothar Armbrüster wrote:
> Hello out there,
>
> ich have a webservice that runs on MSIIS/W2k and connects to an Oracle
> 9.0.1.3 Database on another W2k server via an Oracle 8.1.7 client.
> Whenever the webservice connects, it generates a sqlnet.log saying a
> connection using the bequeath protocol failed:

> Fatal NI connect error 12560, connecting to:
> (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=BEQ)(PROGRAM=oracle)(ARGV0=oracleORCL)(ARGS='(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))'))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=ORCL)(CID=(PROGRAM=c:\inetpub\scripts\vuwebservice.exe)(HOST=VU2K10)(USER=IUSR_VU2K10))))
>
> VERSION INFORMATION:
> TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.1.7.0.0 - Production
> Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version
> 8.1.7.0.0 - Production
> Time: 09-APR-2003 09:04:40
> Tracing to file: c:\inetpub\scripts\cli.trc
> Tns error struct:
> nr err code: 0
> ns main err code: 12560
> TNS-12560: TNS: Protokolladapterfehler
> ns secondary err code: 0
> nt main err code: 530
> TNS-00530: Protokolladapter-Fehler
> nt secondary err code: 126
> nt OS err code: 0
>
> After that the connection succeeds and the webservice delivers correct
> results.
> I set tracing on but the trace file did not give any further insights.
> Amazingly, only the failed attempt to connect locally is traced. The
> successfull connection does not appear in the tracefile.
>
> Now the question is:
>
> How can I prevent the webservice from first trying a local connection
> using the bequeath protocol?

Check if you have local set in the registry. Also, disable client tracing - it will help performance. And beq would actually be the fastest option, but will only work if you database is on the same machine.
You could try listener tracing (instead of client)

And -as posted before- post the config files

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel