Tuning attempt

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 16:46:59 +0100

Afternoon all,

<ASIDE>
Has this list gone 'troppo' recently and I missed out or something, we're all so damned picky all of a sudden. If we don't all calm down and get back to a nice friendly 'society' again, we'll have that 'oracleuser' chappy sniping at every bleeding post we make instead of just everything Daniel posts.
</ASIDE>

As far as I remember, Oracle advise not to use more than one third of the available RAM so there a limit on how much can be allocated. And, I also think that there is a workaround for the 2 Gb shared segment size in Win2K, but I can't remember what it is - sorry :o(

Cheers,
Norman.

PS. If you lot don't lighten up a bit, I shall post examples of my sense of humour - you won't like that :o)

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.
mailto:Norman.Dunbar_at_LFS.co.uk