Re: Word to Oracle via VBA

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 11:12:54 +0100

www.connectionstrings.com

> Thanks, chief.
> I just reviewed my Word2K VBA book. Apparently, OLEDB
> can actually use an ODBC driver, besides the specific OLEDB
> ones provided by Oracle or whoever. Have you tried this
> at all?

In a word No.

> Interesting stuff. One wonders: why use specific report
> writer tools when the best possible report writer is already
> operational in one's PC and ready to go to the nearest db?
> ;)

I guess because report writer tools mean that the report writer doesn't have to do any programming. (yeah right). My impression is actually that many organisations have the Office suite installed on every PC but never think to automate it to streamline business processes. It might be that the task is tried and found wanting, but my impression is it is found difficult and not tried.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA