Re: Table and Field Name Capitalization

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 8 Apr 2003 21:30:18 -0500

On 7 Apr 2003, skrull_at_unlnotes.unl.edu wrote:

> Is there another solution possible?

This is probably not the solution you would like (and performance wise might be a reason to stick with SQLServer) but can you put an extra XSL transform layer between your retrieval and rendering that maps the Oracle capitalization to the SQLServer names? Then, your already written XSL layer would have the same XML it was expecting before.

> Ideally, I would like a way to "turn off" Oracle and/or ODBC's
> automatic capitalization

It is Oracle, I'm sure.

> so that it would simply accept the capitalization given (like SQL
> Server apparently does).

I'm pretty sure this isn't doable.

> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Where are the XML tags generated and how is the metadata found out? Maybe you could put a mapping table of Oracle to SQLServer names and join to that to get your metadata?

--
Galen deForest Boyer