Re: Oracle Universal Installer -> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

From: revjack <revjack_at_revjack.net>
Date: 9 Apr 2003 00:39:11 GMT

In comp.databases.oracle.server Jeffrey Hunter <JeffreyH_at_comanage.net> wrote:
: The only thing that comes to mind is your "temp" space. What do you have
: /tmp sized at?

Humongous. Also 1GB swap space.

: If that doesn't work, then try running the installer with a high java heap
: size:

: % runInstaller -ms64m -mx128m

Yup, tried that, no change. The good news is, one of our guys got it going today in a nonintuitive way (nonintuitive to me, anyways). First, we created an env var:

ulimit=unlimited

runInstaller apparently looks for ths var.

Second, we changed the 'oracle' user's default shell from bash to sh. Then it started working. Weird. I'm posting it here in case someone searches for it in the future.

Thanks for the advice, Jeffrey, it's much appreciated.

--
revjack_at_revjack.net