Re: Concepts and DBA Administration manuals

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 22:43:04 GMT

Brock Keckritz wrote:

> I have just downloaded Oracle 9i for Windows. I have been searching for some
> good books for beginners and "Concepts and DBA Administration manual" was
> mentioned where can these be found?

A decent, high level concepts intro, and one that provides the grounding that is required before you hit the Oracle manuals is O'Reilly's "Oracle Essentials" (http://oracle.oreilly.com)

Many of our esteemed colleagues recommend excellent books. But I find these tend to be for people familiar with the concepts already - they remind me of the quote attributed to Helen Keller (paraphrased) "The trouble with using a dictionary for spelling is that you need to know how to spell a word before you can use the dictionary." Received on Tue Apr 08 2003 - 17:43:04 CDT