Re: Concepts and DBA Administration manuals

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 20:57:20 +0100

"Brock Keckritz" <bkeckritz_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b6sqfq$hrq$1_at_ns2.htc.net...
> ah - tahiti - I'm on my way

Brock,

For this suggestion, I may come in for some criticism from other posters here.

The Concepts manual is thorough, comprehensive, well-written, useful and good reading. But you might find it somewhat slow going as a 'get you started guide'. It might be easier to get the feel of things by visiting your local bookstore first.

However, the last time I suggested a particular book, my recommendation received far from universal acclamation, so I will leave it for others to comment.

Regards (and more than usually, your mileage may vary), Paul Received on Tue Apr 08 2003 - 14:57:20 CDT