Re: Direct path load to a RAC instance

From: Ronald Rood <devnull_at_ronr.nl>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 21:09:04 +0200

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 12:34:55 +0200, David FitzGerald wrote (in message <7f966bc5.0304070234.429be7c_at_posting.google.com>):

> Simple question, one which I have not been able to track down an
> answer for:
>
> Is it possible to perform a direct path load into a table which is
> part of a Real Application Cluster instance?

Why not ? Problem it there wil be a table lock so it might not give the advantage you want. If you want to do this as a part of an etl process you could consider using external tables and table functions for the transformation and loading operations. In that case you can work in parallel.

--
With kind regards,
Ronald