Re: [ANNOUNCE] Senora: a replacement for sqlplus

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 15:59:30 GMT

Niall Litchfield wrote:

> I'm afraid that I do not mind what licencing people use when promoting their
> products, promotion of products should really go IMO in .marketplace where
> it is appropriate and not .misc and .server where it isn't. It also seems
> somewhat clear to me that Dan was using spam in its widely accepted sense
> not in the technical sense of what sort of post can be cancelled from NNTP
> groups.

IMHO, since this is an announcement, and clearly indicated as such, I would prefer seeing it in marketplace. (This way we can reserve .server for flame fests. <g>)

I do object that this is cross-posted. And I apologize for corss-posting the reply.

I do wonder whether a different approach, for .server and .tools, would have worked without raising blood pressure. Something like "Would anyone care to evaluate or comment on a new tool that we believe could be a replacement for ...." Received on Tue Apr 08 2003 - 10:59:30 CDT