Re: Updating ALL_TRIGGERS

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 08:54:57 -0700

Frank wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Regarding Oracle 8.1.6/Windows2000
>
> I am told that someone had updated ALL_TRIGGERS to disable/enable triggers
> and succeded, personally I wouldn't dear to do that,
> but I get in doubt as it is a new version(for me) of Oracle and many things
> changes for each version :-)
>
> Is it recommeded/documented to do/not to do(in any version of Oracle)?
>
> Frank
>
> PS: If it is Oracles intention is that these views/tables are not to be
> changed, why dont they block them better, even for SYSTEM?

Anyone that inserts, updates, or deletes in a data dictionary table or view deserves what they get. And likely what they get will be painful.

Oracle is not responsible for what happens when stupid people do stupid things. The documentation, as you note, clearly states what should not be done. Those that ignore that advice deserve what they get.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Apr 08 2003 - 10:54:57 CDT