Updating ALL_TRIGGERS

From: Frank <franjoe_at_frisurf.no>
Date: 8 Apr 2003 12:14:01 +0100

Hi!

Regarding Oracle 8.1.6/Windows2000

I am told that someone had updated ALL_TRIGGERS to disable/enable triggers and succeded, personally I wouldn't dear to do that, but I get in doubt as it is a new version(for me) of Oracle and many things changes for each version :-)

Is it recommeded/documented to do/not to do(in any version of Oracle)?

Frank

PS: If it is Oracles intention is that these views/tables are not to be changed, why dont they block them better, even for SYSTEM? Received on Tue Apr 08 2003 - 06:14:01 CDT