Tuning attempt

From: Marc Eggenberger <marc.eggenberger_at_itc.alstom.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 11:33:08 +0200

Hi there.

I play a bit with statspack and other tools to see what could be improved with my databases.
I also tried TOAD and it says that my library cache pin hit ratio is 89.8674 and this is bad and thats because my shared pool area is too small ...

my shared_pool_size is currently at 98765516

I dont have any idea if this value is "high" or not. I know that you cant really say if its right if you dont know the application. But for a oracle 8.1.7 running on a W2k cluster (2x 1GHz, 3GB RAM) and the application beeing more a OLTP with about 60 sessions. The queries are more or less simple selects with joins over 5-10 tables and inserts (its a assessment tool).

What are the range of values for shared_pool_size one should have in those db / application ranges?
more like 10-20MB, 100MB or even more to 500MB?

--
mfg
Marc Eggenberger