Re: Word to Oracle via VBA

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 09:21:05 +0100

I don't think that that is quite correct Nuno. You need *either* an ODBC driver for Oracle (I'd choose Oracle's but it doesn't matter to get the thing operational) *or* Oracle Objects for OLE. These are alternative access technologies. There is a third technology OLEDB which in fact is the method I'd choose above either of the others

code snippet follows (tested on word XP) demonstrating returning a recordset and using the oledb provider.

Sub test()

'
' test Macro
' Macro created 08/04/2003 by Niall Litchfield
'

Dim cn As New Connection
Dim dt As Date
Dim rs As Recordset
With cn

    .Open
End With

Set rs = cn.Execute("select sysdate from dual")

dt = rs.Fields(0).Value

Selection.InsertAfter dt
End Sub

--