Export / Import from 8i to 9i and locally managed tablespace

From: achkar <kachkar_at_tablimited.com.au>
Date: 7 Apr 2003 23:33:37 -0700

Hi All ,

I have a table on oracle 8i (8.1.7 ), this table resides on dictionary managed tablespace: initial size 256k , next size 256k, that is for both the table and the tablespace .
then I did export to that table with no merge. after that I created locally managed tablespace on 9i with uniform allocation 520k ,segment space management is automatic

When I did the import I noticed that the initial size for that table on 9i is 1096K instead of 520K , Why is that? , is it because 'segment space management is automatic '
and if so , how can I stop that , I would like to know what will happen if my table is really big ( 20 million record ) , what will happen to the initial size for that table when I do the import. or do I need to create the table on 9i then do the import.

any help / opinion / thoughts will be appreciated. Received on Tue Apr 08 2003 - 01:33:37 CDT