Re: Word to Oracle via VBA

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 05:06:20 GMT

in article c6fbfcfa.0304071016.6306f5d8_at_posting.google.com, Ellie Smarandache at esmarandache_at_tucsonelectric.com wrote on 4/7/03 11:16 AM:

> I need to put together some code that will allow me to open a certain
> Word 2002 document. At the opening time I will enter a work request
> number. Then Word, without asking anything else from me, should be
> able to connect to an existing Oracle database, go to a specific table
> in that database, retrieve that work request number and bring back a
> few other fields for that work request. It should display those fields
> in the open Word document. Then I should be able to type some more on
> that document, print and save it.

Hmm - instead of VBA et al, why not define the work request as an XML doc to the DB, then use Word to edit normally. You can also use SQL to search the docs. Needs XML DB in 9.2, but works a treat - see the Oracle by Example at http://otn.oracle.com/products/oracle9i/htdocs/9iober2/obe9ir2/default_otn.h tm# Received on Tue Apr 08 2003 - 00:06:20 CDT