Re: And the correct answer is?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 20:05:12 -0700

Joel Garry wrote:

> Which of the following is true?
>
> A. In order to be a DBA, one must be very precise and organized.
> B. In order to be a DBA, one must be extremely precise and organized.
> C. In order to be a successful DBA, one must be completely anal
> retentive.
> D. In order to be a successful DBA, one must allow for the
> possibility of an imperfect world.
> E. In order to be a respected DBA, one must never, ever give up on
> any matter, no matter how apparently trivial.
>
> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.
> The perfect storm comes to cdo.server.

Depends on your definition of success.

Does success mean being paid for all of your hours or making everyone happy by working evenings, weekends, and holidays off-the-clock?

I've known more than a few DBA's whose sole ticket to success was planting kisses on their boss' posteriors. A winning strategy in many professions when bribery and good looks aren't sufficient.

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Apr 07 2003 - 22:05:12 CDT