Re: Word to Oracle via VBA

From: Nuno Souto <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 7 Apr 2003 18:48:41 -0700

esmarandache_at_tucsonelectric.com (Ellie Smarandache) wrote in message news:<c6fbfcfa.0304071016.6306f5d8_at_posting.google.com>...

> I am having problems, right from the beginning: connecting from Word
> to Oracle. The connection string I would use in Access - VBA to
> connect to Oracle just does not work in Word.
>
> Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

You need to have an ODBC driver for Oracle and to install Oracle Client and Oracle Objects for OLE.

Then it should be like any other ODBC connection:

give the connection (in the control panel) a uid/pwd and a database to connect to. And use the ODBC connection name in your VBA.

I haven't tried it in Word, but it works without a hitch in Excel.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam Received on Mon Apr 07 2003 - 20:48:41 CDT