Re: Expanded Oracle DBA Site

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 7 Apr 2003 15:07:04 -0700

"Bob Badour" <bbadour_at_golden.net> wrote in message news:<gt8ka.63$B44.5974121_at_mantis.golden.net>...
> "Gabriel Gonzalez" <no-spam_at_no-spam.com> wrote in message
> > > And you have the unmitigated gall to call the author you stole from
> > > unprofessional? You are a disgrace and clearly a rank amateur. Have you
> no
> > > shame?
> >
> > Stop the trash talk, these newsgroups don't need anymore of this trash
> >
> > Hopefully everyone reading your comment will recongnize it for what it is:
> > Yet another shoot-from-the-hip personl assault that was uncalled for (if
> you
> > want it to be called for, then prove your allegations true before you make
> > them).
>
> Gabriel,
>
> The addressee took what did not belong to him, made no effort to determine
> proper ownership of what did not belong to him and used what did not belong
> to him for his own intended commercial gain. That's theft. None of those
> facts are in question nor were any of them in question when I made the
> allegation--the addressee publicly admitted to those facts.

I missed the part about intended commercial gain. Where did that come from? I certainly didn't have to pay anything for it. And while an explicit part of IP is the ability to withhold publication, I'm not sure that stealing that ability is on the same level as grabbing and running off with some jewelry. Now give that grocery list and the ink on it back to your employer, thief! :-O

> The addressee publicly libelled the author and copyright holder calling him
> "unprofessional" for exercising his own right to his own intellectual
> property. Neither are any of those facts in question nor were any of them in
> question when I made the allegation--they were written in the addressee's
> public post to which I replied. Stealing from someone and then libelling the
> victim in retribution for getting caught is disgraceful. Does anyone
> disagree?
>
> The addressee called the victim of his theft "unprofessional" without
> stating his reasoning but apparently for the public way in which the victim
> exercised his property rights. By the addressee's apparent standard,
> choosing a needlessly public forum for addressing conflict is
> "unprofessional." (One wonders whether the same standard applies to robbery
> victims shouting "Stop thief!" on a crowded street.) Thus the addressee's
> own choice of a public forum to denigrate his victim rates the addressee
> "unprofessional" by his own standard--exceptionally so, in fact, given he
> had wronged his victim once already.

The ironic thing is, I never would have noticed it had Mr. Rogers not publicly pointed it out.

I know! Let's all have pointers... "links" to published material! It could go anywhere! We could have a.. a World Wide Web! Yeah, wouldn't that be cool! But, sadly, where is the profit in not withholding information? Never mind.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.  Even stupid spammers can find me.
"Bollocks.  Bollocks.  Bollocks.  Bollocks." - Howard J. Rogers