Re: A Question, maybe a dumb question

From: FORY <yo_at_yo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 13:43:43 -0700

Gracias Gabriel, I ran that SQL script, and now I have the EMP table.

I just need to keep learning Oracle.

--

Alfonso Sanchez - BSIT
"Let's the good times roll "
  "Gabriel Gonzalez" <no-spam_at_no-spam.com> wrote in message news:DbycnWQHJeJvTQyjXTWcpg_at_giganews.com...
  You can re-run the script to create the objects you want.  Here is how it is
  for my version of the client (9.2 client), you rs may be similar:

  The script to recreate the objects in the fopllowing location:

  C:\oracle\ora92\sqlplus\demo\demobld.sql

  You run this from SQL PLus while logged in as the user you want to create
  the objects under, so if you want to do this for scott, then create the user
  (if it does not exist), and the log into SQL plus as scott.  Then type the
  following:

  @C:\oracle\ora92\sqlplus\demo\demobld.sql

  And that shuold create the tables for you.  Of course make sure you type in
  the correct location for your version of the file).  If you run the script
  again, it will delete the existing objects first, and re-create new ones.

  I have Oracle 9i Personal installed on my PC.
  My question is, What type of database I have to create in order to have the
  SCOTT account?

  My Oracle book examples are based on the EMP table, and this table is
  created in the SCOTT schema, as far as I know.

  The first time I created a Database, it had the SCOTT schema, but now I
  don't now how to do that again, I mean, include the SCOTT schema.

  Thanks to all of you

  -- FORY