Re: Expanded Oracle DBA Site

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 12:33:28 -0400

"Gabriel Gonzalez" <no-spam_at_no-spam.com> wrote in message news:EBicncET6tQ0-gyjXTWcqQ_at_giganews.com...
> Maybe it's just me, but I don't think in legal terms.

Really? Then why did you make capricious demands for proof of uncontested facts? Isn't "proof" a legal term? Didn't you demand the "proof" for what you called my "allegations"? Isn't "allegations" a legal term?

> To me it's just an
> innocent mistake that got out of hand.

Innocent mistake? What is innocent about shamelessly stealing another person's intellectual property and then taking public retribution for getting caught at it? Where is the mistake in simply and effectively exercising one's property rights?

> another learned his work is being pirated much more
> than he realizes.

I have seen no evidence of that. That might be the case, or Howard may have granted permission to multiple sites to publish his work. Howard would know, but neither you nor I have any facts upon which to base such an opinion.

> Anyway, the right thing was done, which was removing the unauthorized copy
> immediately.

What was right about simultaneously taking public retribution against the victim?

> Given what's going on the int newsgroups lately, that's a very
> good thing.

I am not sure what a website complying with a "cease and desist" demand has to do with newsgroups or with what's going on in them lately. What's going on in them lately that wasn't going on before?

> If calling someone names is libel, then there's a lot of that
> going around in here!

Calling someone names is ad hominem. Ad hominem may or may not be libel. If the ad hominem is false, malicious and publicly printed to defame someone, it is libel.

> I just hope that stuff stops happening and we get
> back to Oracle.

Gabriel, you lack credibility. If you wanted things to get back to Oracle, you would stop posting such ridiculous nonsense with no return address.

Why do you so blindly jump to Jeff's defense? Are you Jeff or a friend of his or something? Received on Mon Apr 07 2003 - 11:33:28 CDT