Re: Tnslistener dying with 9.2 on Win XP Pro

From: Adam Lipscombe <adam_at_cobar.fsbusiness.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 15:37:16 +0100

Apologies - long week :-)

TNSLSNR appears to fall over regulalrly when I am administering the DB via Enterprise Manager.

The error dialog dialog box says:
"TNSLSNR.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
followed buy a request to send the error report to Microsoft.

If I click the link entitled "To see what data this error report contains..." the following is displayed:

"szAppName : TNSLSNR.EXE szAppVer : 0.0.0.0 szModName : orantcp9.dll" "szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00005732"

Followed by some text about Microsoft not collecting any personal info, and an exhortation to send the report.

Any ideas?

TIA - Adam Lipscombe