Microsoft ODBC for Oracle

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 14:46:03 +0100

Hi SCL,

And once you get it installed and running, be prepared for 'strange' errors telling you stuff about some recordsets cannot be updated - even when they most certainly can !

We have a system here for timesheet recording & resource planning etc and it refuses to work with the MS ODBC driver for Oracle. It simply barfs when a manager logs in [could be a feature :o)] and tells him/her that the recordset in not updatable. (Sorry, I cannot remember the correct error message)

Switching to the Oracle supplied ODBC driver 'just works'.

Just a heads up.

Cheers,
Norm.

Norman Dunbar