Re: safe mode workaround

From: Tim Bedford <timbedford_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 Apr 2003 05:47:14 -0700

Hi Howard,
Using oradim looks like its done the trick. Thanks very much.

I'm still confused as to what could have caused the problem though. A Raid setup is used on the machine in question so it couldn't have been a corruption of the service executable. What exactly does the oradim utility do other than re-install a service? I suppose that if somehow the registry value ORA_sid_AUTOSTART had been changed to false that would have the same effect but, it doesn't seem likely. cheers

Tim