"unsupported network datatype or representation" when accessing a synonym

From: PPN <ppn_at_mederic.fr>
Date: 7 Apr 2003 01:42:34 -0700

Hello,

I'm facing a weird problem. I have to add a filter over a date column to retrieve only valid records. I am selecting from a table that is a synonym. The database I am connected to is Oracle 8i, whereas the database containing the synonym is Oracle 7.3.4.5.0. Whenever I try to access a table in Oracle 8i using a filter on a date column, it works. But when I try to access a table by synonym (thus a table in Oracle 7) filtering on a date column, I get this error : "ORA-03115: unsupported network datatype or representation ORA-02063: preceding line from DBJOE".

I have activated JDBC 2 behavior for the driver.

Would anyone know what could be going on ?

Thanks.
P. Received on Mon Apr 07 2003 - 03:42:34 CDT