reclaiming space from SYSTEM tablespace.

From: Ray Teale <ray_at_BLAHholly.com.au>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 14:39:05 +1000

Oracle 8.1.6

I have noticed that the datafile for the SYSTEM tablespace is huge. I would like to move the SYSTEM tablespace to a correctly sized datafile and reclaim the wasted disk space.
Is there an easier way than exporting - recreating the database and importing?

Ta

Ray Received on Sun Apr 06 2003 - 23:39:05 CDT