Career move - Oracle from Sybase

From: Hmmm... <blahblah_at_blah.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 01:00:25 GMT

I have about 14 years experience with Sybase SQL Server. I am a DBA/programmer/jack of all trades. I would like to expand my career horizons and learn the ins and outs of Oracle. My focus would be System Administration and Database Administration. I think the fastest path for me probably would be to get Oracle running on one of my computers and get a good book or two to work through.

Any suggestions for some good books to work through? Any other suggestions for getting up to speed on Oracle?

Thanks! Received on Sun Apr 06 2003 - 20:00:25 CDT