Re: Can blob be compared?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 5 Apr 2003 13:58:37 -0800

"NewYorker" <newyorker777_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3e8e4e7f$1_4_at_corp-goliath.newsgroups.com>...
> I have used Sql here and there and never in the situation where by join
> comparison of a blob, can blob be compared? Example,
>
> select table_a.* from table_a a, table_b b
> where a.someblob = b.someblob;
>
> someblob is a blob column.
>
> Thanks!!!!!

My first thought when I read your post was "Man, if that is possible the query is going to be slower than Christmas."

The dbms_lob package provides a compare procedure that can compare full lobs so you should be able to reference it in the where clause testing the return value = 0 for equal and non-zero for unequal.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Sat Apr 05 2003 - 15:58:37 CST