Re: And the correct answer is?

From: oracleuser <nospan_at_noway_nohow.org>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 20:37:56 GMT

Thank you Mr. Lewis.
Acutally both queries work and produce almost the same results. The word results is where I believe my problem lies. The only difference is the header with the use of the alias on one result.

SQL> select empno enumber, ename from emp order by 1;

   ENUMBER ENAME
---------- ----------

      7369 SMITH
      7499 ALLEN
      7521 WARD
      7566 JONES
      7654 MARTIN
      7698 BLAKE
      7782 CLARK
      7788 SCOTT
      7839 KING
      7844 TURNER
      7876 ADAMS

   ENUMBER ENAME
---------- ----------

      7900 JAMES
      7902 FORD
      7934 MILLER

14 rows selected.

SQL> select empno, ename from emp order by empno ASC;

     EMPNO ENAME
---------- ----------

      7369 SMITH
      7499 ALLEN